Thursday 28 January 2010

Hi FM is hiring!


With not a lot better to do today other than sit around and nurse my head and listen to some music, I ventured on to Twitter. I treat Twitter like a chat room, which I'm not sure is the point of it, but it's pretty amusing to pass the time.

Recently, Other Oman blogged and twittered about a stolen 4x4 vehicle..... and a twitterer tweeted that they had found it. Less than 12 hours. Twitter 1 - ROP 0. Pretty good I'd say.

But on with business.

The arguable grand-father of the Omani Bloggersphere, Muscati (his blog is now defunct) tweeted the following:

@muscati Hi FM looking for a new presenter: "Us or Canadian accent preffered but not essential!!" http://bit.ly/ayWoV6

So, I clicked the link, and this is what I discovered:

Hi Fm is the Number 1 brand in english radio in Oman, and it is looking for a new team member.

You will be a strong confident individual, have a great on air persona, with a proven background, have good production skills, and can work as a team player and fit into a AC format station with ease.

You MUST hold a degree, ( visa requirement ) Us or Canadian accent preffered but not essential!!

You will be rewarded with life in the sun and a great renueration package.

In the first instance email your CV and Mp3 demo (no more than 3mb or 3 mins no online listen links please as we are not going to hunt for a demo!!) to darren@hifmradio.com

Previous applicants need not apply,

To apply:
CV and Mp3 demo to darren@hifmradio.com


Interesting. However, it does amuse me that to work in radio, you apparently do not need to know how to spell. Which I guess makes sense.

I was tempted to submit a false application.... but I just cant be bothered. Perhaps one of you will? :)

I wonder if this means that Hi FM will start playing some more alternative / rock music?

Does Omanization policy not apply to Hi FM? I find it odd that none of the dj's on the station are Omani... I wonder if the chaps down at the Ministry of Manpower have clocked onto that one yet? But then again, no one actually listens to Hi FM, do they? So I guess no one will ever think to go and raid them ;)

Enjoy the weekend.

le fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment