Sunday 14 March 2010

Darren Shortt, again

So it's Monday today, hump day.

I bumped into someone I know last night and was told an entertaining tale of events that just needs to be shared with you all.

Whilst driving around yesterday morning he was listening to the morning show and decided he just couldn't take it any more and texted in to Hi FM to say that Darren was a twat!

Not 30 minutes later, his phone rings, it was Darren, and this is the (abridged) conversation that took place:

Anon: Hello?
DS: Hello, this is Darren Shortt, I had a notification from management that you had submitted a complaint about me. Whats your name?
Anon: I don't need to tell you my name.
DS: Where do you work?
Anon: I don't need to tell you where I work.
DS: Well I don't come to your work and call you a twat!
Anon: I didn't come to your work either, I sent you an SMS you twat!
DS: I'm reporting your number for abuse!
Anon: Whatever!

Poor old Dazza, taking the time out of his day to deal with his haters. It's a mug's game - and just makes for funny content for conversations at the bar. You'll always have haters, just try to adapt and accept you'll never keep everyone happy, all the time. And besides, he sent an SMS to the HiFM number, which means he paid to complain about you.... ;)

I wonder when this much-rumoured rock show is going to start on Hi FM? Did they hire a new American/Canadian accented presenter yet? Or was it just a ruse to get Rachael Howarth to up her game? (hah!) Who knows? I'm sure time will tell.

I don't really listen to the radio very regularly, but I have noticed that at 6pm the "Big Drive Home" show plays some very questionable sleep-inducing music.... people are tired after a long day... play something with some tempo, not something that's going to help people drift off to sleep whilst driving home!

Hopefully the rock show starts soon, and Darren learns how to ignore the haters. :)

le fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment