Saturday 31 July 2010

Couch Surfing, and a local blog highlight.

Well today I was going to blog about Couch Surfing, seeing as I happen to know a local host or two, and well it was in the Muscat Daily today. However, local blogger Delirious in the Desert beat me to it by publishing this post earlier today.

Just while we're on Muscat Daily for a second, and to some extent, The Week too, I keep seeing evidence of poor copy & pasting journalism. In a recent issue of The Week, in the centre section which highlights a tourist destination, someone had gone to the effort of converting the US$ amounts suggested for various items, yet failed to modify the text, so it still read as if the reader was in the United States when reading the article. On today's front page, above the fold, there is a news brief on two plane's that collided here in China. Sloppy work guys. Sloppy.

If you have not already "liked" my blog on facebook, please do so, my target of 100 likes is so very near.... just 12 to go at the time of posting!

More tomorrow.

le fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment