Thursday 12 January 2012

Justin Bieber Knows People Hate The Idea Of Him



Justin Bieber is a good example of why speaking in absolutes is often a bad thing. For a long time, I lumped him in with other teenage pop stars and mistakenly assumed he was a prepackaged commodity, but as I’ve read more and more interviews and listened to more and more music, it’s become increasingly obvious that he’s a good dude just trying to carve out life on his own terms. That he happens to have a great voice and boyish good looks are attributes that serve him well in the music industry but are not the characteristics that define him. If you don’t believe me, check out this awesome quote he offered up in an interview withV Magazine

"A lot of people say they hate Justin Bieber who haven't even listened to my music. They just hate the idea of me."
You could interpret those words as a little bitter and hostile, but it’s hard to do so when they’re so fitting for the predicament he’s in. A lot of people are bothered by the fact that the Biebs is so wholesome. To be perfectly honest, it sort of rubs me the wrong way too, but not everyone who lives on the straight and narrow has a holier than thou attitude. Justin’s never really put down the choices of others. He’s just continued to do his thing, which if he has his way, will propel him to even greater heights. 

"I want to be better than anybody who's ever done it. And in order to do that, I need to strive to be the best, be good to people and treat people with respect, and work as hard as I can. Because for me, I work so hard and this consumes my life.”

Life is too short not to work as hard as possible at what you care about. For Justin, that’s not only music but doing nice things for the people around him. He recently bought his childhood friend a car and took his girlfriend Selena Gomez on the coolest date ever. I doubt he’ll someday be considered the greatest pop star in the world, but a pretty damn good musician isn’t such a bad fate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment